Good friend of mine shared this tidbit of "news" about how the effects of eating Oreo cookies are pretty much like pounding some cocaine and how you risk becoming addicted to them. Someone came up with a fascinating experiment.
Oreos compared to Cocaine
"Honohan said she is interested in examining the effects of high concentrations of fatty and sugary foods in lower-income areas where there tend to be higher rates of obesity."
What? Was she sitting one shiny morning day dreaming about obese people in the ghetto? Yes, ghetto. Lower-income area is the politically correct term for ghetto. How did they know that there are more fat people in the ghetto than say a middle class neighborhood in middle America? Did they decide to stroll through the ghetto taking a head count of over weight people vs skinny people. I am sure they fit right in. I wonder if they went to some under cover narcotics agents to learn how to accomplish this.
They decided to stick some rats in a cage with some rice cakes and Oreos. It seems the rats chose the Oreos. This should have been obvious before taking the time to cage some innocent rat in a box with an Oreo and rice cake. I'll let you guess which one they chose. Bland piece of cardboard or a piece of sweet flavored Crisco surrounded by chocolate flavored cardboard.
They then started giving cocaine and morphine to these rats. So now you have rats eating Oreos and turning into junkies. Why didn't they just have one of those people that dance around in front of Little Ceasar's Pizza in front of the local Wal-Mart with a sign that said to come sign up for free Cocaine, Oreos, and Morphine? I am sure there would have been plenty of human volunteers more than happy to apply for the position. I can imagine the disclaimer form they would have them sign letting them know they are not responsible for any side affects, addictions, or divorces that might result. Probably wouldn't even have to pay them as long as the cocaine and Oreos kept rolling in.
Actually, instead of daydreaming about overweight people, they probably had a group meeting to find a way to get free coke and morphine and claimed they used it on the rats. Their findings were most likely the results of them being strung out and being brought down on a daily basis. The link below here shows the effects of how people act when trying to do an interview on Coke. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, skip to about 45 seconds. But the entire minute is quite entertaining.
Randy Savage hopped up on Cocaine interview.
That is one of my favorite professional wrestlers from the '80s The Macho Man. Notice at the end there when he gets that final drip running down the back of his throat. How many Oreos will I need to eat to get that kind of high going? My guess is 3 or 4 packages of Double Stuff Oreos. After 3 cookies, I am usually ready to puke. As I mentioned, sugar flavored Crisco.
I suggest at least watching some of the video story attached to the news story link above until you get to the nutritionist expert Pamela Peeke. If you watch as she walks down the hallway you'll notice there is an air about her and a "I told you so." look. The best part is when she starts talking. She is either on some testosterone or is actually a man. She or he sounds and acts like they're related to Janet Napolotano.
Surprisingly, the company that owns Oreos says you can't compare the effects of Cocaine and Oreos as the same thing. I have to agree. I am working on a way to get to the store right now. I am not allowed to drive, which I can explain somewhere else along the line. I will be heading to the snack aisle. I will do my best to get past that 3rd Oreo.
SCIENCE! Now I need to go find me some bacon-wrapped-chocolate-dipped-deep-fried-Oreos.
ReplyDeleteBoys, boys....try to refine from getting yourself loaded up cocaine style with Oreos. I want my children to outlive me. :^)
ReplyDelete