Saturday, October 26, 2013

Coffee and coffee pots need to be banned.

I believe it is time to call for the government to look at laws restricting the use of coffee pots, coffee, and the use of hot water to make said coffee.  Coffee is a dangerous weapon.



Give me your money....now!

My daughter pointed out a story she read on the web the other day about a guy who tried to rob a store with a cup of hot coffee.  Huh..what?  That is right, a robber with a cup of hot coffee tried to rob a convenience store.  He walks up to the counter with a cup of coffee and pretends to pay for it.  When the cashier comes out he tries to throw the coffee at the clerk.  I can see how this would potentially work.  If he had actually made contact with the clerks face instead of dumping it into the cash register.  I could not find the story anywhere so I had my daughter send me the link which is below because I got tired of searching.  The results I found while searching were quite interesting when looking this up...which is what made decide to write about it.  I didn't realize this guy's idea was not an original idea.


Hot coffee can cause some serious burns.  If anyone can recalls, McDonald's lost a law suit in the '90s because of some person with a low IQ spilled coffee on their lap.  That wasn't her fault obviously.  Actually it was and she is an idiot.  Even more idiotic is the judge and / or jury who agreed.  But back to business.

You don't have to read the story with the above link, just watch the surveillance video.  This guy knows his stuff.  Observe that he walks up like someone who owns the world and he is just some guy getting coffee.  Awesome just pours out from this guy.  Puts his money on the counter to "pay" for the coffee.  As the register opens he dumps the coffee out into the register or on the the cashier's leg.  Either way, not how the coffee should be used as a weapon.  I wonder if this was a spur of the moment decision.  He had money to put on the counter to get the guy to open the register and dumps the coffee all over the place.  If he did plan this out, he would have tossed that wonderful hotness into the guy's face and not had to worry about someone coming back with a gun to stop him.  This is the first reason that coffee needs to be registered as it could potentially get you shot when committing a crime.

It also seems that coffee, coffee pots, coffee pots filled with hot water and/or coffee are becoming a weapon of choice for criminals.  While looking for this story I came up with a cornucopia of crimes committed with coffee and coffee pots or people defending themselves with coffee and coffee pots.  Which I can understand.  I have taken and taught martial arts.  My instructors always said to be aware of and use your surroundings.  For example, a coworker asked me what I would do the other day if he came at me with a knife.  I had a full can of Dr. Pepper in my hand and I acted like I was going to bounce it off his skull and brain him with it while he came at me.  He agreed that would really hurt.  Ban soda in aluminum cans now as well.  So people and criminals are taking advantage of coffee.  I mean, it could really cause some damage.  In a criminal's case, it didn't really cost them anything.  Grab the pot with already prepared hot coffee and threaten to dump it on the victim.  I don't blame the victims, who wants 1st degree burns on their face, hands, other parts of the body?  Coffee dispensers need to be put behind bullet proof glass and given to you by a licensed handler.  Look at all these examples.


This clerk is being held hostage at the register with a coffee pot.  I am assuming it is really dangerous because the clerk just hands over the register.  I mean she is actually showing him how to get into the register.  Watch it.  She isn't anywhere near that pot, she could have just walked or ran the other direction or bounced that guy's dome off the pot as he is too busy trying to balance it and get into the register.  He is holding it rather menacingly after all. He is trying to hold the pot and the money at the same time in the same hand towards the end.  He isn't even trying at this point.  I hope he left her a tip because it looks like she gave him a towel to clean up with at the end.  I am waiting for people to point out she was probably scared.  At least they caught the guy 2 blocks away.  I can see it now, "Yo homey', watchu in for?"  "I robbed a place with a coffee pot dude."  Toughest guy in the cell block there. Either way, coffee and coffee pots are dangerous.


Wish I had the video for that one.  I can just tell you what happened here.  I just wanted to show this is another case of coffee assault or defense.  Guy tries to rob a place by climbing through the drive through window.  First worker starts throwing towels at the guy.........  I know I said be aware of and use your surroundings, but really?  Throwing a towel?  Unless that towel is loaded with some full cans of Dr. Pepper, not the best choice.  (See previous statement above about chucking a can of Dr. Pepper at someone in self defense).  The second employee was more aware.  Grabbed a coffee pot and smashed it over the would be robber's head.  No more robbery attempt there.  I just about got my head about caved in by a coffee pot, think I'll move on.  Somehow that guy walked away.  Wonder if he had an admantium skull.  (Comic book reference)  


Read it, it's short and amusing.  Favorite line from that article is the guy that lives next to the store and found it particularly unsettling that a gun was used.  I find it unsettling that coffee was used as a weapon of self defense against a guy with a gun.  I could go on and on.  Do a Google or Yahoo! search for coffee pot robbery.  The results will amaze you.

I call upon and Congress and the POTUS to look at the issue of protecting criminals and law abiding citizens alike from coffee and coffee pots.  This is serious.  I mean if someone can stop an armed gunman with coffee, what other terrible things can be done with this weapon?  I hope we can all come together and look at the dangers of coffee and coffee pots.  Something needs to be done.  I think we should look at coffee as a viable weapon of self defense.  Joggers could carry hot coffee like pepper spray.  Now that I think about it, that would almost worse if it was hot enough.  It could be used in robberies in the same way.  Outlaw coffee and make it illegal to ship into or export out of the United States!  Coffee is dangerous people...be wary.



No comments:

Post a Comment